- 1kg of cottage cheese
or 1kg of sour cream
or 1/2kg of cottage cheese and 1/2kg of sour cream
- 8 eggs
- 50-100g raisins
- 250g sugar
- half teaspoon of salt
Ingredients for the dough (only for the variants with sour cream):
- 75g butter or margarine
- 2-3 spoons of sour cream
- 1 egg
- 3 spoons of sugar
- 1 spoon of baking soda neutralized with lemon juice
- flour proportional to the rest
- springform baking pan
- handheld electric mixer/beater
- Immersion blender
- For the variants with cream you need to first make a soft dough. Once done put this dough in the fridge for 2 hours or so. Afterwards, take the dough out of the fridge, flatten it with a rolling pin and give it a round shape, then lay it on the bottom and sides of the springform pan, all the way up.
- Blend the cottage cheese in a bowl with the immersion blender.
- Separate the 8 eggs. Beat the egg whites and sugar with the electric mixer until stiff. Separately, mix the yolks with a bit of salt. Add everything to the cheese and homogenize.
- Put the raisins into boiling water, boil for a bit, than take them out, and remove excess water. For the variants with cream pass the raisins through flour and gently lay them on top of the cheesecake. For the variant with just cheese put the raisins with everything else when homogenizing.
- Pour everything in the spring form (over the dough if making a variant that requires dough).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes starting at 200 degrees Celsius but decreasing the temperature to 150 degrees Celsius towards the end. After it is done turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside until next day so that it cools down very slowly.