- 6 egg yolks
- 6 spoons of sugar
- 400g lady fingers
- 400g Mascarpone cheese
- 500g whipped cream
- 2 small bags of vanilla sugar (2 x 7-9g)
- some cacao
- amaretto liquor
- 10 little cups of espresso (or decaf espresso, or instant espresso) mixed with 4 tea spoons of sugar
- a high rectangular plastic/glass tray
- Make the coffee, add the 4 tea spoons of sugar and let it cool down.
- Stir the yolks with the sugar in a large container until the sugar melts, then add the cheese little by little.
- Whip the cream in a separate container. Keep 1/3 of it for decorating and incorporate the remaining 2/3 little by little into the cream.
- Pass the ends of the lady fingers quickly through the coffee, then put into the tray. Once you’re done with a complete layer of lady fingers pour half of the cream, then lay another layer of lady fingers rotated by 90 degrees (perpendicular wrt the first layer). Then put the other half of the cream and at the end the 1/3 of the whipped cream.
- Put in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Before serving, put cacao on top through a small sieve.